I am thrilled to have Sarah Polite on the show today! Sarah is a food & lifestyle blogger, as well as a fabulous storyteller. For 14 years she lived in NYC and worked in television including: MTV, VH1, Martha Stewart, Dr. Oz. And in today’s episode she shares about the serendipitous journey that lead to her to buying a one-way ticket to Greenville SC, to start the next exciting chapter of her life. Without a job, or a place to live, she instinctively followed her intuition: took the leap and trusted that the universe would guide her. She shares about the life changing experience she had during the 3 months she stayed at Hilton Head Health.
Side note: I watched her IG stories everyday, while she was at HHH, where she shared a recap of her day. They were seriously some of the most open & thoughtful reflections I’ve come across. She shared the fears she’d faced and the things she’d learned from them. In my mind Sarah is such an amazing advocate of: not judging the outcome of a situation or trying to run away from it, but instead feeling the emotions that come up & checking back in with yourself. It’s no surprise that we get a long swimmingly.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Wearing the thing that you are scared to wear because it makes “you look a certain way”
- Celebrating life NOW, not in 10 pounds less from now
- Self-sabotaging thoughts and unrealistic expectations we put on ourselves, that we allow to dictate our joy
- Always feeling like “I have to be okay” and holding in emotions, to coming to a place where she shares openly about her struggles
- Not telling others how to feel
- The power or following your intuition and allowing the serendipitous unfolding to happen
- Letting go the burden of being a worrier, and embracing the idea that we don’t have control
- The power of being OPEN to opportunity, to invitation. Giving ourselves permission to follow the breadcrumbs even if it doesn’t “logically” make sense.
- Finding the joy in simply connecting – without an agenda
- Trusting the universe + your intuition to keep moving forward when things feel right
- Sometimes it’s hard to step into our greatness, into all the things we want and deserve
- Staying present, but using the past as a reminder of how far we’ve come: I don’t want to go back to that feeling of settling, to putting myself last, I want to be in touch with how I’m feeling, I want to feel connected to my body
- Not doing things and allowing her body hold her back, but deciding one day that she wanted to be able to move
- The life-changing experience she had at Hilton Head Health
- The day she decided to stop weighing herself, was the same day she had done more things physically than she’d done in her whole life
- Celebrating the things you did, NOT the put on-a-pedestal things that are NOT happening.
- Honoring YOUR intentions – and not diluting our own needs when someone wants/needs something from us
- Connection between our cultures oppressive beauty standards and our personal struggle with self acceptance
- How she realized she can still eat the things she wants, but she can do it mindfully. She can do it from a place of celebration instead of a place of emotion, or obligation, or shame.
- Non-scale victories are the best kind of victories
CONNECT WITH SARAH:
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nycfoodiefinder/
For more information and full show notes visit: http://livengproof.com/
Hang out with the Pod Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness, and uplifting conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks of new things coming to the blog and podcast first).
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
SHOW SOME LOVE
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
SHARE YOUR TRIAL & TRIUMPH
Get featured on the show by sharing your trial & triumph for the week – email them to me email@example.com with the subject line “trial and triumph”
HIT ME UP
MORNING ROUTINE GUIDE
Hey squad – this FREE Morning Routine Guide is for you! We want you to have ALL the tools, so you can make 2018 your BEST year yet!
Download the free guide here!