Kelly is a fearless mover & shaker with a tenacious passion to effect the change she wants to see in the world. She has little tolerance for gossip, favoritism, and back-channel negotiations. She speaks refreshing truth and brings light to the elephant’s in the room. She’s not afraid to [diplomatically] share her voice. It is with this feverous drive that she has been able to change the conversation from the perceived dichotomy between creating art and financial freedom.
IN THIS EPISODE:
- We cover Kelly’s life, process, goals & business vision
- We discuss how her past experiences played a pivotal role in forming her passions for movement, human form, and the power of physical touch
- The winding road she took to get where she is today
- How her free-thinking spirit and value for truth paved the way for her ability to take the road less traveled
- How she deals with judgment and assumptions made by others
- We discuss her struggles, vulnerabilities, and how she recovers from failure
- How she began to recognize certain behavior patterns during phases of her life and how they fed into deeper emotions
- How she deals with “Imposter Syndrome” – the feeling that we will be “found out” or that we don’t actually know what we are doing
- How she got involved in yoga and ultimately became hooked
Kelly specializes in Thai Massage for athletes–including:
- Ironman competitors
- martial artists
She also offers traditional deep tissue massage on the table, on-site massage, and yoga services.
She has provided her services to:
- “Experience Domestique Climb with George Hincapie, camps at the Hotel Domestique
- Training camps and competitions for the Roger C. Peace Para-cycling team
- Road and triathlon teams for the Greenville Cycling & Multi-Sport/Greenville Hospital System partnership
- Palmetto Peloton Project’s Challenge to Conquer Cancer “Ride to Austin”
- Greenville Spinners’ cross-state tour
- Ride to Remember for the Alzheimer’s Association
- Hincapie CEO Challenge
- She has taught yoga to the drama and voice students at the SC Governor’s School for the Arts & Humanities, as well as the music studios at Furman University
She began teaching yoga in 2006, graduated from the Asheville School of Massage & Yoga in 2009; studied Thai Massage at the Naga Center, as well as in Northern Thailand; became a certified AcroYoga teacher through AcroYoga.org based in California in 2013; and apprenticed with Austin-based aerialist Lydia Michelson-Maverick the same year. She continues her studies with aerialists Constance Palmer and McKinley Vitale of The Space in Atlanta. Kelly teaches Aerial Yoga, Aerial Sling Dance, AcroYoga, Yoga Flow, Core, Conditioning, Inversions, Mobility, and Partner Massage under the 16-ft ceilings of the renovated textile mill that is the Lofts of Greenville.
Always inspire. Always evolve. Always go straight for the deep, scary shit! There’s no other way to live.
photo cred: angelazion.com | www.wrightcreativeinc.com | stantonphotos.com
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Email | RSS | Support