In this episode I’m chatting with the Stupid Fit Couple, Karley Phillips & Aaron Denius. Karley is a Los Angeles based interior designer Karley Phillips and Aaron Denius is an author/TV writer. Both are full-time career people by day and fitness enthusiasts by night. They believe that fitness doesn’t have to be so serious to make a difference in your quality of life. Their refreshing approach to exercise stemmed from their desire to show others that fitness can be fun, goofy, and still have a great impact on your life.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- How they got their book deal for “50 Totally Stupid Real-Life Reasons to Workout” with Knock Knock
- They share some of their stupid real-life reasons to work out
- Connecting with the body and moving mindfully
- What inspired their brand name “Stupid Fit Couple”
- Staying mentally grounded in LA
- Their desire to meet like-minded people and create community around people who are career oriented, not into partying, enjoy being active, and want to connect with others
- They wanted to approach fitness from a less-serious, fun, light-hearted approach that feels more accessible – to show that you don’t have to be at a certain caliber to enjoy movement.
- Doing fitness for health, not for pictures
- Karley shares about her 10 year battle with an eating disorder
- Aaron’s history as an athlete and letting go of the athlete mentality to “push through the pain” & learning to listen to our bodies
- Karley’s health scare and how it taught her the value of rest and slowing down
- The importance of mental, emotional, and physical breaks
- How to ground yourself and avoid/get out of the comparison trap
- Aaron shares about his past as a standup comedian & what inspired him to pursue comedy
- The difference between improv & stand-up
CONNECT WITH KARLEY & AARON:
Their Book: 50 Totally Stupid Real-Life Reasons to Work Out
CONNECT WITH ENGRID:
Hang out with the Pod Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness, and uplifting conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks of new things coming to the blog and podcast first).
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY & STITCHER
SHOW SOME LOVE
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
SHARE YOUR TRIAL & TRIUMPH
Get featured on the show by sharing your trial & triumph for the week – email them to me email@example.com with the subject line “trial and triumph”