Y’all may remember Meg Dixon and Victoria Myers from last week’s episode – which was part 1 of this two part series. If you haven’t already listened their previous episode (episode #70), I highly recommend checking it out. And because we talked about such a wide variety of things, it doesn’t really matter which one you listen to first. Together Meg + Victoria host of the one of my favorites the Nourishing Women’s Podcast. As registered dietitians these two powerhouses joined forces and founded Nourishing Minds Nutrition their virtual private practice.
In this episode each of girls share their personal eating disorder recovery story. The morality diet culture attaches to food: you’re not a better person because of the foods you eat, and that we don’t have to fight to feel good. And how things don’t have to be pretty all the time for you to end up somewhere beautiful.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Victoria’s shares her eating disorder recovery journey
- Binge eating is almost always a result of restriction
- The influence of being in school for dietetics
- The idea of morality around food “your a better person because you eat better foods”
- Orthorexia and the dangers of this way of thinking
- Meg shares her eating disorder recovery journey
- Diet culture & the thin ideal
- The more we tighten the reins, the worse we feel
- We don’t have to FIGHT to feel good
- Learning how you don’t have to work ALL the hours, especially when you are an entrepreneur
- Letting go of the idea that hustle equals worth
CONNECT WITH MEG & VICTORIA:
Nourishing Minds Nutrition Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nourishingmindsnutrition/
Victoria’s Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/victoriamyers_/
Meg’s Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/root_for_food/
For more information and full show notes visit: http://livengproof.com/
You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life
Inward by yung pueblo
Eating in the Light of the Moon: How Women Can Transform Their Relationship with Food Through Myths, Metaphors, and Storytelling by Dr. Anita Johnston
Hang out with the Pod Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness, and uplifting conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks of new things coming to the blog and podcast first).
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
SHOW SOME LOVE
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
SHARE YOUR TRIAL & TRIUMPH
Get featured on the show by sharing your trial & triumph for the week – email them to me firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “trial and triumph”
HIT ME UP
MORNING ROUTINE GUIDE
Hey squad – this FREE Morning Routine Guide is for you! We want you to have ALL the tools, so you can make 2018 your BEST year yet!
Download the free guide here!