Today I’m chatting with Meg Dixon and Victoria Myers, owners of Nourishing Minds Nutrition and hosts of the Nourishing Women’s Podcast. Both Meg & Victoria are registered dietitians who came together over their shared holistic approach to wellness and desire to help others.
I love their philosophy because it aligns so much with my own beliefs. They look at the whole body and see nutrition as more than just calories. They believe in a lifestyle free from restrictions, rules, or the idea that our external appearance is a reflection of our worth. Their intention is to end the cycle of disordered eating, heal digestion, and restore hormonal harmony. At the heart of their practice is to empower their clients to nourish themselves from the inside out with real foods and self-love.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- How empowered women, empower other women
- The importance of reconnecting with your inner wisdom & feminine energy
- Their advice to combatting messages of diet culture
- Owning who you are allows you to fulfill your higher purpose in this world
- Approaching life from a feminine perspective (without anger & frustration) → instead coming from a place of empowerment, support & community
- “Casting off” what we do want instead of emitting of what we don’t want
- Empowerment and how it revolves around choosing the things that serve you
- When we allow ourselves to feel suppressed by diet culture, we are not empowering ourselves.
- Instead we can choose not to internalize these messages, and create our own internal harmony that best serves our needs
- They share what a healthy relationship with food looks like
- Having a good relatinship with food means you have a good relationship with yourself
- What are traditional foods?
- Wellness without obsession and what that means
- SIBO (small intestinal bacterial overgrowth) What is it? And potential causes.
- IBS & other digestive related issues that may be a result of disordered eating
- The Gut-Brain-Axis (aka Gut-Brain-Microbiome Axis) and addressing your mentality around food
- The power of positive thinking while your eating, aids in better digestion
- Gut Motility – what is it? Why is it important?
- FODMAP’s – what is it? What symptoms they may cause
- Why elimination diets aren’t always the answer
CONNECT WITH MEG & VICTORIA:
Nourishing Minds Nutrition Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/nourishingmindsnutrition/
Victoria’s Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/victoriamyers_/
Meg’s Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/root_for_food/
For more information and full show notes visit: https://livengproof.com/
Personal Guided Meditation Sample: After searching the intertubes for something that really spoke to my soul and falling short, I put together my own personal guided meditation. And I’ve been listening to it every day and have found it so transformative. So I wanted to share a piece of it with you. This has accelerated my ability to tap into my own inner wisdom, find alignment with my intuition. I believe we all have that deep inner knowing within us it’s just speaking to it with the right words that brings it to life!
Hang out with the Pod Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness, and uplifting conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks of new things coming to the blog and podcast first).
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
SHOW SOME LOVE
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
SHARE YOUR TRIAL & TRIUMPH
Get featured on the show by sharing your trial & triumph for the week – email them to me email@example.com with the subject line “trial and triumph”
HIT ME UP
MORNING ROUTINE GUIDE
Hey squad – this FREE Morning Routine Guide is for you! We want you to have ALL the tools, so you can make 2018 your BEST year yet!
Download the free guide here!