Jill Miller C-IAYT & ERYT, is the co-founder of Tune Up Fitness Worldwide and creator of the self-care fitness formats Yoga Tune Up® and The Roll Model® Method. With more than 30 years of study in anatomy and movement, she is a pioneer in forging relevant links between the worlds of fitness, yoga, massage, athletics and pain management. She is known as the Teacher’s Teacher and has trained thousands of movement educators, clinicians, and manual therapists to incorporate her paradigm shifting self-care fitness programming into athletic and medical facility programs internationally. She has crafted original programs for 24 Hour Fitness, Equinox, YogaWorks, and numerous professional sports teams. She and her team of 500+ trainers help you to live better in your body with an emphasis on proprioception, mobility, breath mechanics and recovery.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Pain vs. Suffering
- Her experience of disembodiment, proprioception + Interoception
- Jill shares her recovery story from bulimia & anorexia
- The types of responses you need to hear when you share that you are struggling with an ED
- Her rock-bottom point & the trigger that sent her there
- The turning point that changed her trajectory, towards recovery
- The therapeutic exchange: becoming a healer, leading to her own healing.
- Moving into cognitive and embodied awareness
- The “Mother-Hand Technique” & the “Hara” the psychic center of being
- How we store visceral chaos from our past traumas, in our bodies
- Vagus Parasympathetic Nerve (autonomic), and how this can be affected by our behavior
- Utilizing self-massage to become aware of our own pain, befriending the parts of ourselves that are at war with one another
- Organ pain can transfer through shared neurons in to myofascial structures around the affected area
- Protecting/Guarding ourselves from feeling the movements of our visceral from the inside
- Self-created tension that our bodies use to guard and distract, against actual feelings & needs
CONNECT WITH JILL:
CONNECT WITH ENGRID:
For more information and full show notes visit: http://livengproof.com/
DONATE TO THE PODCAST
Responses for parents on how to respond, should their child come to them and share that they are struggling with an ED:
- Thank you for sharing this with me. I am so glad you know that I am here to help you in any way that I can.
- I can see that this was difficult for you to tell me, but I really appreciate you trusting me with this.
- I imagine this must have been really hard to share with me, I want you to know that I see you, I hear you, I love you and we’re going to get you some help.
Hang out with the Pod Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness, and uplifting conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks of new things coming to the blog and podcast first).
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY & STITCHER
SHOW SOME LOVE
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
SHARE YOUR TRIAL & TRIUMPH
Get featured on the show by sharing your trial & triumph for the week – email them to me firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “trial and triumph”