This was an episode guest dream-come-true! I can’t even tell you how excited I was to sit down with the lovely Georgie Morley host of The Chasing Joy Podcast and the girl behind In It 4 The Long Run Blog. Her podcast has made such a positive impact on my life and was part of the inspiration for this second season of the podcast!
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Why doing LESS goes against society’s usual narrative, and why it can also be more challenging to do less
- Shifting our mindset away from measuring our value by how productive we are
- The experience she had that showed her she could do less and still have an enriching growth filled experience
- You don’t need to fill up your schedule in order to actually BE productive
- Georgie shares her recovery story from anorexia and orthorexia
- We talk about pseudo (eating disorder) recovery
- How our emotional health and stress management is more important than specifically what you’re eating
- She underscores that there is no specific “look” required to suffer from and disordered eating
- The reason we binge is only a result of restriction.
- Restriction can be not eating certain food(s) or mentally not allowing yourself to have something. When we mentally and physically stop the restriction we take the power away.
- Learning to trust your body & your body learning to trust you again
- We discuss her blog post “Sorry I Unfollowed You – On Growing And Letting Go“
- Georgie’s writing process and where she finds her inspiration
- Being mindful about the language we use around what we are recommending for others
- Using shame as a marketing tactic
- It’s not about throwing shade on people who perpetuate diet culture, when we know better we can do better. Don’t hate the player hate the game.
- Why ‘resilience’ is her favorite word
CONNECT WITH GEORGIE:
FAVORITE BLOG POSTS FROM GEORGIE:
Hang out with the Pod Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness, and uplifting conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks of new things coming to the blog and podcast first).
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
SHOW SOME LOVE
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
SHARE YOUR TRIAL & TRIUMPH
Get featured on the show by sharing your trial & triumph for the week – email them to me email@example.com with the subject line “trial and triumph”
HIT ME UP
MORNING ROUTINE GUIDE
Hey squad – this FREE Morning Routine Guide is for you! We want you to have ALL the tools, so you can make 2018 your BEST year yet!
Download the free guide here!