Fran Jolson is a Licensed Acupuncturist and co-owner of Upstate Spine and Sport. I could seriously talk to her for hours and not even realize it. She has such a calm disposition, she’s easy to talk to, and as you will soon hear she’s very knowledgeable (and passionate) about her craft.
In 2016, Fran graduated as valedictorian with a Masters of Science in acupuncture (M.S.Ac.). She has also completed board examinations and holds certification from the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
Fran has a passion for women’s health and has accrued many continuing education hours in the field of fertility. Along with pain management and fertility, her practice also includes treatments for stress, digestive disorders, men’s health, psycho-emotional disorders, addictions, weight loss, diabetes, and more.
Fran uses traditional acupuncture, cupping, acupressure and moxibustion. Along with East Asian Medicine therapies, she also incorporates a variety of Western techniques into her patient care. She has studied nutrition extensively and is certified as a coach through Precision Nutrition.
IN THIS EPISODE WE DISCUSS:
- Starting a private practice with her husband months after graduating
- The balancing roles they each play in both their marriage and their business
- Being a first time expecting Mom
- mindfulness practices
- the role her family played in cultivating her own work ethic
- The many conditions that acupuncture can be used to treat
- the philosophy behind the practice
- infertility & menstrual health
- stress management
- Additional treatments: acupressure, cupping, and moxibustion
- dealing with perfectionism
- embracing change
- and of course her love of the rockettes
Hang out with the Pod Squad on Facebook for your daily dose of health, wellness, and uplifting conversation. (and you’ll get sneak peeks of new things coming to the blog and podcast first).
LISTEN ON SPOTIFY
SHOW SOME LOVE
If you love the show and want to support it in some way, leave a review on iTunes. It helps get the show in front of new people.
SHARE YOUR TRIAL & TRIUMPH
Get featured on the show by sharing your trial & triumph for the week – email them to me firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “trial and triumph”
HIT ME UP
RESOURCES I LOVE:
THIS EPISODE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: