I’m SO happy you are here! Welcome to Liveng Proof: a blog about whole-heartedly living your fullest life. I love deep diving to the root of it all. What makes us the way we are? I am a business owner, a personal trainer, the creator of this blog, as well as the host of the Liveng Proof Podcast and the co-host of an additional podcast: Gal Pals.
I personally love to unpack feelings, emotions, and find it fascinating how emotions show up physically in our bodies. If you listen to the Liveng Proof Podcast you can expect to hear all about how we deal with triggers, processing trauma, recovery, and personal growth. You’ll find topics centered around all things mental & emotional health, navigating diet culture, eating disorder recovery, addiction recovery, trauma recovery (are you seeing a pattern?).
In short, my podcast and this blog are places that intend to provide you with tools and stories from myself and others, so that you can either repair or strengthen the most important relationship you have: the one with yourself.
I’m not here to tell you what you should or shouldn’t do (I’m guessing someone has already tried to do that for you). I’m also not here to give you some step by step action plan, because I believe no one is a better expert and guide for you, than YOU. I’m also not here to pretend like I have it all figured out (cause I definitely don’t). I’m just here to share my personal experiences, what I’ve learned, what I’m still working through, and to hold space for others to share their experiences on my podcast.
I am so passionate about speaking on these topics because I myself battled anorexia and an exercise addiction for over a decade. I have been in therapy for over 6 years and have dedicated so much time towards my own personal recovery.
I used to live in a world of comparison , I struggled to deal with any unexpected change (or just change from my routine in general). The struggles I faced , the messy road of my ED recovery journey have all lead me here with you. I am into self-discovery, practicing self compassion, self-care (something that was never modeled for me), and learning to share the beautiful messiness that is life with others.
THE GIRL BEHIND THE BLOG
I’m Engrid (pronounced Ingrid), a curious 30-something who loves long walks, learning, traveling, & listening to podcasts! And it’s safe to say I’m pretty into personal growth. I’m a dreamer and love anything related to being cozy.
- I’m a personal trainer by day, podcaster/blogger by night
- I live in Greenville, SC but I’m originally from NH (not far from Boston)
- I have an english setter named Webster
- I used to be a wedding photographer
- I swam competitively for 10 years
- I’m happiest when I’m having a good hearty one-on-one conversation with someone
- I love journaling in sketch notebooks, white candles, and all things Hygge (hoo-ga)
- I love Middle-Eastern & Lebanese food
- I legally started my own business (Liveng Proof LLC) when I was 25
- I love all the Harry Potter movies (I read all the books growing up)
- Any episode from The Office, Parks & Rec, or It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia can cheer me up
- I like my coffee EXTRA Hot and half almond or oat milk 😉
Thanks for stopping by 🙂
I’d love to hear from you! Drop me a message here: email@example.com